Welcome to Mold 101
Hi ……. My name is Dan Bowers. Both myself and my inspection team are Moisture Analysts, Licensed Building Contractors, Residential and Commercial Inspectors, Building Consultants and Certified Mold Inspectors.
Do you think your home may be making you sick?
- Does your home have stagnant dank musty odors?
- Do you or family members have frequent skin rashes or irritations?
- Are you often short of breath for no reason OR told you have bronchitis?
- Do you have constant colds, allergies, asthma or other respiratory problems?
- Are you buying or living in a home that's had flooding, a roof or plumbing leaks?
- Do you or your family members have itchy watery eyes, nose or throat irritations?
- Do you have wheezing, nasal or sinus congestion, excess mucus drainage, coughing?
- Do you have constant headaches, are you tired, can't concentrate, have memory loss?
- Other Symptoms include: chronic fatigue, dry hacking cough, diarrhea, bleeding lungs.
If You Have One or More of the Above Symptoms, You May Have a Mold Problem!
Like it or not, MOLD is not going away. Mold has been around since the Biblical Days and was discussed and described in the Bible's Old Testament at Leviticus Chapter 14, Verses 34-47.
MOLD is present everywhere. At home / At work …. Inside, Outside. It's there. The ONLY question is how much, what type and how does it affect your health and your home or office.
Mold only needs 3 things to grow and thrive .. …. Air, Moisture and a Material to grow on (your house OR office, wood, insulation, drywall, furniture, carpet, clothing, etc).
Testing is inexpensive, simple, non-evasive, and can typically be done in a 72-96 hour time frame. With over 23 years of MOLD testing experience we're here to help you!!
For the first 6 years I did MOLD testing, it was just another service like any other. Then in the spring of 1997, I woke in the middle of the night coughing up small drops of blood AND with a constant nasal drainage that would not stop. I had to stuff cotton balls in my nose to stem the constant flow. It kept this up for over 24 hours and I went to my local doctor to see what was going on …… I had no fever or anything he could find causing this. They put me on steroids and a strong antibiotic immediately. That slowed my symptoms but did not stop them. A few days later I was getting fresh towels out of my bathroom linen closet, and LO and Behold when I pulled the towels out …. The back of my closet wall was covered with MOLD. Where did it come from? I went outside and looked on my roof, and the "rain cap" on my furnace flue had come off. Rain was going down the sides of the flue into the wall cavity behind the closet. I put a new "rain cap" on my flue ………tested the MOLD (all allergenic types) cleaned and removed the MOLD, and overnight my nasal drainage, watery and itchy eyes and coughing up blood went away. All of a sudden testing for Elevated or toxic MOLD Levels to help protect other people and their families became a passion for me.
Why have so many Kansas and Missouri families or business owners chosen Holmes Inspection Company to test their homes or buildings for Mold?
- We care about your family's and/or employees health and well-being.
- Over 23 years of MOLD Sampling & Moisture Testing and experience.
- We are highly trained & skilled professionals with high quality equipment like electronic mold testing vacuum pumps to take NON-VISIBLE air samples, tape slides or swabs to check visible surface mold, moisture meters AND Infrared cameras depending upon your needs..
- We work with all other real estate professionals, BUT our client is our #1 priority.
- We TEST only. To prevent a conflict of interest Holmes Inspection Company does NOT perform mold remediation, clean-up, etc (we do have highly experienced mold or air quality control contractors we can refer you to if they are needed).
- Contact us today for a Mold Sampling / Testing of your home or business...